Friday 24 October 2008

WEEKLY QUESTION 22


Techer Julie of GreenBucks mentioned about teen suicide here: Welcome To My Life . She linked this song by Simple Plan and also the lyrics in full version . Here's the chorus to give us an idea.

To be hurt

To feel lost

To be left out in the dark

To be kicked when you’re down

To feel like you’ve been pushed around

To be on the edge of breaking down

And no one’s there to save you

No you don’t know what it’s like


What comes to your mind and what do you feel about the lyrics of the song "Welcome to My Life"?


A different song came into mind when Teacher Julie's email came last Sunday. Just now, I've come to to know, its NOT "Welcome To My World" BUT its "Welcome To My Life".

As to how I felt, I fondled memory lane, the little girl I am who had to like Elvis Preysley because my parents loved him. That's with the first song. While for that of the Simple Plan, my teenybopper days were way over 'gayamen' tsk,tsk.

Seriously, teenage days would be one crusial stage. The tag of war between child like and maturity is overwhelming. Whether we like it or not, parents have the biggest part of responsibility to give that guidance.

Participants of Teacher Julie's WQ had already discussed it well about bullying, peer pressure and how teenagers are affected by problems at home and school. I can't contribute as to what should and must be done. I can only share my thoughts on being A FAMILY BELIEVER.

Its always been said that family is where everything starts. The very foundation of a child's holistic growth. Give him a loving home and he would always feel secured. Give him a broken one, so does his soul - you broke.

Mine was far from perfect but our parents would always involve us in everything they do. Like a batallion going to war, they also take us everywhere they go. During meals would always be a good time to talk everything under the sun. Specially during dinner when there's no Ginebra(basketball) game on TV. It was always doing things "together" that gave us no room to feel we're alone and blame the world for it.

Sometimes, I am convinced that my parent's time were the best times. Less complex but way a lot happier. Just compare the lyrics of these two songs from different eras!






5 comments:

Anonymous

hahha. this is what chuck d has to say about elvis "Elvis was a hero to most
But he never meant ---- to me you see
Straight up racist that sucker was
Simple and plain
Mother---- him and John Wayne"

and the second video????? yikes. ok happy haloweeen!!

lovelyn

Ciao Russel,

Sort of no choice enforced thing liking the king. Danger of parent's influence if I may say so hehehe... It didn't hurt though, its nice(lol).

Spit it out, I don't like the second song anyway! Life is too beautiful to sing that song out loud hahaha...

Uh, Happy Hallooo'wen too!

Anonymous

Elvis. I didn't really get to know him when I was growing up because my father listened to another kind of music.

I believe, like you, in the togetherness of a family, in being there for each other no matter what, helps shape us to be persons with confidence. We can stand tall and proud with our families (and friends too) rooting for us.

Have a great week :) ANd thanks for playing again.

Anonymous

Different eras, so different music.
Was never an Elvis fan but there are three of his songs in my Ipod.
In my town, Elvis seems like he is in every corner, akin to Seven Eleven store, hehe...he was also at the airport today when me and TB3 picked up TP.

Parenting is the key, unless of course, mental disorder is undiagnosed.

lovelyn

Ciao Julie,

Its always a pleasure answering them so thanks to you too.

Its not easy to keep that togetherness. Lets just hope and do our best that we're following the lead.
________________________________

Ciao TruBlue,

I have just read it now that Elvis earned money( $52 million) last year more than any living music artist - Compared to J. Timberlake who got 44M and Madonna-40M. Elvis too is the top earner among dead celebrities. Cartoonist Charles M. Schulz came in second.

One of the signs that you are "accumulating" that age is when it will be your turn to lower down the audio of the music being played. My Dad used to do that with us saying, "napigsa! apay natuleng kayo aya?"...Now signs are showing up, Lukie likes it loud.

Blogger template 'PurpleRush' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008