Saturday 29 August 2009

NEL'S UBE CAKE


I just wrote an entry remembering my first year in high school. I was already editing it and I clicked the "back" arrow. BAD, I didn't save it first. Gone for nothing - my 3 hours lost sleep.


Since cakes make me feel better, even just with the sight of it hehehe, I'll post a guaranteed 'bouno'(yummy) recipe from my friend Nelly. I tried last Wednesday and it didn't come close to Nel's cake. Join me as we try and perfect this treat. Let me know of your success... flops too, but I'm hoping not.


UBE CAKE:


2 1/4 cup flour

1 tbs baking powder

3/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup ube powder

1/4 cup oil

1/2 cup water

7 egg yolks


Mix all to make a batter.

Then in a bowl, 8 egg white beat until soft peek form.

Add 1/2 cup sugar slowly.

Fold in batter n egg white together.

Bake at 180°C


For the frosting:

3 tbs ube powder

1/2 cup sugar

3 tbspn cornstarch

1 eggyolk

3/4 cup milk

cook in low flame until spreadable...

3 comments:

Jane 101

ay sayang! find time to write it all over again and make sure you remember to save it. you know what i used to do, i write my entry in a word file then i just copy and paste it to blogger :)

about the cake, it looks delicious. i like the color. jade calls the ube cake we bought from the pinoy store as the purple cake. it goes well with ube ice cream :)

i can't make one, got no oven :(

nelly

hahahaha...was laughing at myself when i read the headings,got my name on it,well thanks for finding it delicious,makes me feel good when somebody give compliments,this is what i do during sundays at home,baking is really my fashion...sana i could also have u try my custard cake and etc...maybe next year again...thnaks for enjoying it...

lovelyn

ciao jane,

wrote it first in my group forum and i forgot it doesn't have an automatic "save".

it was really "delishh", one of the best i've ever tasted. hahaha cute jade... while for lukie, he calls it purple chocolate.

the fan of our oven is broken, just the grill workin'. so we bought a "turbo microwave". way cheaper and faster than an oven and its really good for baking. its even handy and a space saver. try to scout one in the net and compare prices.
_______________________________

ciao nel,

baking is a talent or a gift. known a lot who can't even foam egg whites, me sometimes hahaha.... a warm oven or a stove is a sign 'daw' of a 'comfy' home and a pampered family with the luxury of good food and a mother's BIG love.

Blogger template 'PurpleRush' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008