Thursday 9 August 2007

ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN



Just want to share an excerpt from one of my favorite books - ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN by Robert Fulghum

HERE'S R. FULGHUM'S CREDO:

All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be, I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate-school mountain, but there in the sand pile at the Sunday School.

These are the things I learned:
Share everything.

Play fair.

Don't hit people.

Put things back where you found them.

Clean up you mess.

Don't take things that aren't yours.

Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.

Wash your hands before you eat.

Flush.

Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.

Live a balanced life - learn some and think some
and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work everyday some.

Take a nap every afternoon.

When you go out into the world, watch out for
traffic, hold hands and stick together.

Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in
the Styrofoam cup: The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that. Goldfish and hamster and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup-they all die. So do we.

And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned-the biggest word of all--LOOK

5 comments:

admindude

Oy new look blog mo ah. I like it, may problema kasi monitor ko kaya bagay talaga white background.

Love the book. I read it years ago and its good to read it again so thanks for uploading this. Pinakagusto ko yong "Flush" hehe.

Anonymous

Hi Lovelyn,
Thanks for sharing what you picked up from the book. Really, if people keep these things in mind, maybe we will have a much better world.

I like the napping part... hehehe! Happy Weekend!

lovelyn

I'm glad you liked it Bill. Thanks! Its a common sight here. It was taken by the husband.

Funny "Flush" :-). It was a book bought from the ukay-ukay book store there by my papa in law and he transported it here the last time he visited his apo.
___________________________________

Right there Tina! These are simple things that we exchange for complexities in life...simple wants, simple needs - napaka basic enya?

Have a nice weekend too and happy napping!

Anonymous

I wish people in Baguio would look left and right before crossing the street. With the amount of vehicles nowadays, the worst is when people are text messaging instead of looking at where their walking. If I had a dollar for everytime I said "wala bang nagturo sa mga tong tumingin bago mag cross"......I'd have 10 dollars.

lovelyn

Russel,

Wala na kasing nakikinig sa mga nagtuturo, they're all busy sending/reading texts messages hahaha...

What if "Him" up there is busy "texting" too, dami na sigurong nasagasahan ano?

Yeah, remembered that incident...magpakabait!

Blogger template 'PurpleRush' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008