Friday 18 January 2008

CHICKEN SOUP WITH RICE - FROM NY

Boogie's card from Beng

Finally, my boys' Christmas gift from their Lola Becca and their Tita Beng from Albany, New York came this morning. Lukie's high temp of 39.2°C(even if you give him paracetamol every four hours)for the passed two days had cooled down while opening the package. He has been sick with Influenza. We hope he is fine now, no more fever as of lunch time and there he is fast asleep as I am writing this.
Twice did my first born read the book Chicken Soup with Rice by Maurice Sendak that he got from the pack. He requested chicken soup for dinner that I was not able to do because fish was ready to be served. I just made him an instant soup that will go with his rice and fish.
People from Baguio will know what I am thinking if they'll read this book. Here it is, read on. Have a share of what me and my son read before he dozed off. In January it’s so nice, while slipping on the sliding ice,
To sip hot chicken soup with rice.
Slipping once, sipping twice, sipping chicken soup with rice.
In February it will be my snowman’s anniversary,
With cake for him and soup for me!
Happy once, happy twice, happy chicken soup with rice.
In March the wind blows down the door and spill my soup upon the floor.
It laps it up and roars for more.
Blowing once, blowing twice, blowing chicken soup with rice.
In April I will go away, to far-off Spain or old Bombay,
And dream about hot soup all day.
Oh my once, oh my twice, oh my chicken soup with rice.
In May I truly think it best to be a robin lightly dressed,
Concocting soup inside my nest.
Mix it once, mix it twice, mix that chicken soup with rice.

In June I saw a charming group of roses all begin to droop.
I pepped them up with chicken soup!
Sprinkle once, sprinkle twice, sprinkle chicken soup with rice.
In July I’ll take a peep into the cool and fishy deep,
Where chicken soup is selling cheap,
Selling once, selling twice, selling chicken soup with rice.

In August it will be so hot, I will become a cooking pot.
Cooking soup of course. Why not?
Cooking once, cooking twice, cooking chicken soup with rice.
In September for a while, I will ride a crocodile
Down the chicken soupy Nile.
Paddle once, paddle twice, paddle chicken soup with rice

In October I’ll host to witches, goblins, and a ghost.
I’ll serve them chicken soup on toast.
Whoopy once, whoopy twice, whoopy chicken soup with rice.

In November’s gusty gale I will flop my flippy tail
And spout hot soup. I’ll be a whale!
Spouting once, spouting twice, spouting chicken soup with rice.
I
n December I will be a baubled, baubled Christmas tree
With soup bowls draped all over me.
Merry once, merry twice, merry chicken soup with rice


9 comments:

VEDA WI

thank God that the you already received the books lola Becka gave
her apos. Lola Becka is asking if you also got the $200.oo she sent you both as gift. Call us with our new no. (518)608 6025 ,here in Albany , New York.

lovelyn

Ciao Beng!

Yep, we got that too - neatly intact. We thought the 1 dollar bill in Dylan's card was so cute.

I forgot to say thank you on the write-up...guess the Chicken Soup With Rice swept my thinking mode hehehe.

Many thanks to Ma and to you sister. We'll be giving you a call soon.

Hugs and Kisses from all of us!

raqgold

wow, thanks for sharing the content of this book. i love it. am reading this for the kids, too.

Anonymous

The first thing that came into my mine when I saw the title of your blog in your friendster profile is,”ahh LUGAW!”.Easy to cook and good to eat when it’s hot, with lots of ginger in it.And ofcourse,”pinikpikan”,your right sis.

Thanks for sharing!

Analyse

that book would be in my list... lol, i think that's cute.. chicken soup .. with rice! arroz caldo?

Jane

hi lovelyn, at first i thought that the book is part of the series "chicken soup for the soul". thanks for letting us know about this book. i will print the contents you wrote here and try to memorize for my Jade or maybe I could get one for her :)
to us, chicken soup may immediately sound like "sabaw ti pinikpikan", hehehe. or lugaw as matsay wrote and arroz caldo as well. all of which are pleasing to the taste:)

lovelyn

Ciao Raggold, Matsay, Analyse and Jane,

Pinoy talaga tayo hehehe! Sir M. Sendak might love our lugaw or Arroz Caldo if he'll taste it. Baka pa nga natikman na nya e before he wrote this hahaha. Sarap ata nun and really good for winter or cold weather.

I missed my father in laws Pinikpikan while my son was reading it to me.

Thanks for all your comments guys!

Anonymous

Amok daytoy! Pinikpikan, hehehe! I saw this book in the store windows this Christmas, but just haven't had time to buy a copy. Am convinced to get it after reading this post. :)

lovelyn

Ciao Megamom,

Wow, mega Ilocano ah, bagay met hehehe! Wonder if you ever tasted Pinikpikan? Hmmnnn...

Its a nice book and easy to read for the kids!

Blogger template 'PurpleRush' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008