Wednesday 20 June 2007

'SHE-MAN'

Post 4: Lolo Ramon's Story
After two nights and three days from 'Sayangan Atok Benguet', the family settled. Lanog , the second child did not stay. He went with the other travelers in search for a lower land. "Maybe Lanog has got used to walking and now, its the only thing he knows." Ramon's young thought.

"My father had chosen a place almost at the bottom of a mountain. I liked the river which is just down bellow."

Today, you can find that site ten kilometers away from the main road of Km 18, Halsema Highway. Its called 'Piloy, Ambassador Tublay, Benguet'. More than two hours ride from Baguio City.

"The last 'inatep'(Nipa Hut) we passed by, the dwellers spoke a dialect different from ours. It's 'Ibaloi'. It wasn't hard for us to learn it eventually. Its similar with our 'Kalanguya'. We pronounce "S" as "H" like 'asin'(salt) to 'ahin'. They change our "D" to "SH" like 'diman' to 'SHE-MAN'(there)."

5 comments:

admindude

Hey, I enjoyed reading your blog and the stories you write. Looking forward to reading your future entries.

Thanks for adding me to your links I added a link to your blog in my blogroll.

lovelyn

Ciao bill bilig,

That's overwhelming coming from a "pro blogger".

The pleasure is mine. Thank's and its an honor to be added to the list of your 'ibondocs'.

Unknown

Hi

lovelyn
This comment has been removed by the author.
lovelyn

Thank's Idol FC.

The novelty of less words comes with nobility, I say.

Another honor to just have "frank said..." on my comments.

Blogger template 'PurpleRush' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008